Barcelona to sell another 15% of Liga TV rights to US fund

30 Jul 2022 | 08:12 | Football

Barcelona to sell another 15% of Liga TV rights to US fund

Barcelona did not say how much they were paid for the 15 per cent increase.© Twitter

On Friday, Barcelona announced it was selling an additional 15% of its La Liga television rights to US investment group Sixth Street over the next 25 years. The Catalan giants sold 10% of their league TV rights to the same group last week for 207.5 million euros ($215 million). “In total, Sixth Street will receive 25% of the La Liga club’s television rights for the next 25 years,” Barca said in a statement.

The club did not say how much they were paid for the 15% bonus, but the Spanish press put the figure at around 400 million euros.

The deal will help the five-time European champions continue to sign a new contract for next season after the presence of Robert lewandowski and Raphinha.

Barcelona has struggled to raise capital after experiencing financial difficulties in recent years.

Last August, Joan Laporta, who returned as Barcelona president the previous November, said an audit had discovered the club’s total debt was 1.35 billion euros.

Promote

Club to Lionel Messi left last June, saying they couldn’t afford to keep him even with the reduced salary.

(This story has not been edited by NDTV staff and was automatically generated from the syndication feed.)

Topics covered in this article